Shipping and DOA Policies
Dry goods shipping rate $16.95 Canada wide
Free shipping minimums:
ON and QC - $99
BC, AB, SK, MB, NS, NB, PE and NL - $149
(Unfortunately at this time we do not ship to the territories)
***Additional fees apply to heavy, bulky or over sized items.
Fish, Corals and Inverts are shipped on Tuesdays only
We highly recommend you have your Livestock orders shipped to the closest FEDEX depot and pick them up from there, especially when it is cold or very hot. This gives your new creatures the best odds a healthy arrival.
Live stock shipping fees (additional to any dry goods fee)
- Alberta $60
- British Colombia $50
- Manitoba $50
- Maritimes $60
- Ontario $35
- Saskatchewan $50
- Quebec $40
- Sustainable Marine Canada will make every effort to ensure the health of your Livestock. Sometimes unforeseen and unfortunate events occur.
- Sustainable Marine Canada will provide a store credit for any DOA fish, coral or invertebrate.
- For all DOA claims, we require you email us a photo/video of the item still in the bag within 2 hours of delivery. Do not discard the animal right away, send the photos first
- Our DOA policy applies to all online orders. Your parameters need to be within tolerable limits. Do NOT order livestock if your tank is still cycling
- Sustainable Marine Canada will issue a coupon code to use anywhere on the site if a livestock item requires replacement. The coupon codes never expire. Unfortunately, we can NOT ship out individual replacement orders.
- Send us an email to engage the guarantee. Your credit will be available to you by entering the issued code in the coupon code box when checking out a future order.
- There is NO DOA policy if delivery is attempted and no one is there to receive it.
Carrier Delays / Weather Events
- We ship all livestock to withstand 2 days of travel although all orders are booked to arrive the arrive next day. We are NOT responsible for orders left in inappropriate temperatures. You need to make arrangements to ensure someone is there to receive the order.
Livestock Ordering Policy
- By making a purchase from our website you are agreeing that you have read and agree to these policies.
- All sales of livestock are final. Once livestock orders are placed they can not be cancelled, modified or substituted.
- Livestock orders are shipped on Tuesdays.
- Clients are responsible for providing a safe and accurate shipping address. Please double check your address in your order confirmation.
- We can NOT ship to PO Box addresses
- Ensure livestock is shipped to an address where someone can receive it, we are not responsible for packages left exposed to the elements.
- We have no control over of the shipping process. You must contact the shipping company's customer service department to help track your order. We have no inside track on that information.
- We do NOT refund shipping costs.
- No guarantees on colour accuracy as they may slightly vary from WYSIWYG items due to your lighting and tank environment.
- No refund for any livestock losses that occurs during or after your acclimation process
- If a livestock item is not up to our standards we will not ship it and a refund will be issued for that item.
Dry Goods Return Policy
We do not accept returns on products that have been opened or used.
If your products are still in its original packaging, then you may return the products under the following conditions:
- All returns and/or exchanges must be made within 7 days of receipt of product
- Sustainable marine Canada Inc is not responsible for return shipping. Return shipping charges will be paid by the customer returning the products.
- The real costs of shipping will be deducted from the refund. This also includes orders that qualified for free shipping.
- Special orders are NOT returnable
- Sustainable Marine Canada Inc reserves the right to charge a non-refundable restocking fee of 20% of the value of the products being returned.
- Refusal to accept a package for any reason will result in a restocking fee of 20% and the buyer will be responsible for paying the shipping charges both ways.
- Frozen/leaking/damaged items due to freezing are not covered by Sustainable Marine Canada or any of the couriers.
- Any item/order that is discounted and/or is on sale is considered final sale
Please note that all product warranty concerns are to be directed to the manufacturer of the product. Sustainable Marine Canada Inc is not responsible for any defective products as all of our products are shipped in new condition. Please ensure that you are aware of the manufacturer warranty terms before placing the order.