Enriched formulation. Optimum effectiveness. Formulated specially for use in reef aquariums, Reef Crystals® contains essential ocean reef elements in concentrations greater than those found in natural sea water.
1. Mix Reef Crystals® with ordinary dechlorinated tap or purified water.
NOTE: To prepare small quantities, use 1/2 cup of Reef Crystals per each U.S. gallon of water. Mix as directed.
2. Stir vigorously to ensure a good mix. Although the Reef Crystals solution may be used immediately, we suggest aerating the water until it achieves oxygen/carbon dioxide equilibrium.
3. Measure specific gravity with an Instant Ocean® Hydrometer.
Recommended Specific Gravity Range: 1.020-1.026 at 77°F.
NOTE: 1.4 lbs of Reef Crystals is formulated to create 5 gallons of saltwater at a specific gravity of 1.021.
4. Adjust salt level accordingly. If specific gravity is too low, add more Reef Crystals. lf too high, add more dechlorinated water.
5. Change 20% of aquarium water every two weeks to maintain optimum water quality.
USAGE NOTE: NEVER mix salt in an aquarium containing animals.
In New Aquariums:
Transfer animals to the aquarium AFTER salt is completely mixed and aerated and specific gravity has been adjusted.
CAUTION: REEF CRYSTALS IS NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Contact in dry form may cause skin or eye irritation.
In case of contact, completely flush skin or eye(s)
with cool water and seek medical attention.
This product requires a custom shipping quote. Please contact us. Designed for aquariums with more...
This product requires a custom shipping quote. Please contact us. Optimal ratio and levels of...
Salt requires specific calculations for shipping. Please contact us. Instant Ocean® Sea Salt is the...
Complete professional marine salt mix for reef or fish only systems Contains all essential major,...