The next generation of CoralCare’s innovative LED fixture is here. The CoralCare Gen2 offers a new, slimmer design, with passive cooling and wireless control. What’s more, we’ve further refined the light spectrum and distribution to create a more natural reef appearance, natural light patterns, and promote coral growth.
Excellent coral growth & natural reef appearance
Let life flourish with a wide spectral range. Proper lighting is one of the key aspects when maintaining a marine aquarium with corals and reef fish. The corals need the correct light intensity and spectral content to grow efficiently, but reefers also demand seamless color rendering so they can enjoy the brilliantly vivid colors of the corals. The Philips CoralCare spectral distribution is designed to achieve an ideal balance of those two criteria.
With the CoralCare Gen2, we’ve further optimized the light formula in order to enhance the natural color rendering in daylight settings and maximize the fluorescence of the corals in evening settings. The new Gen2 design features 68 state-of-the-art LEDs, smartly grouped over two distinct user-controlled channels. This offers you control over a wide range of color points (from natural white to saturated blue) without ever worrying about harming your corals with the wrong spectral content.
Natural light patterns
Just as with CoralCare Gen 1, the light is homogeneously mixed and distributed thanks to the optical light guide and diffused glass plate. We've further refined this with CoralCare Gen 2 by grouping the LEDs in triangular clusters and adding four carefully placed clear areas in the glass plate.
The cluster placement is deliberately chosen to create subtle but natural light patterns in the water. The clear areas in the glass plate add extra dynamic light effects when warm natural color points are selected. This mimics the patterns perceived on the ocean floor at noon when the sun is at its highest point. During the evening, when blueish color points are being selected, this dynamic effect fades just like it does in nature.
This architecture results in an ideal balance between efficiency, uniform light distribution in the aquarium, color homogeneity, and the right level of light dynamics.
Easy to Control & Install
Your CoralCare Gen2 LED fixture can be controlled wirelessly using your mobile device or with your PC. In addition, it includes a 0-10V port so you can connect the light to third-party aquarium controllers like the HYDROS Control 4, Neptune Systems Apex, and GHL ProfiLux. What's more, your new wireless controller is also compatible with CoralCare Gen1 fixtures.
Choose from user-friendly preprogrammed lighting schedules or easily create a custom 24-hour lighting schedule to suit your coral needs. You can even share your lighting schedules with other reefers!
Direct control is also available for maintenance or checking on your reef inhabitants. There's an acclimatization phase for introducing new corals or installing new CoralCare lamps, which allows you to gradually increase the intensity of the light to match the needs of your corals. The single box system (with integrated drivers) also includes a hanging kit for quick and easy installation with adjustable height and positioning.
CoralCare Gen2 Highlights:
- Low energy consumption and long-lasting performance, offering over 25,000 hours of light
- Large thermal cooling surface (7kg) for passive cooling, with a longer lifetime than noisy fans
- Highly durable, professional-grade materials
- Coated metal housing, validated in salt spray environments
- Low risk of corrosion with proper maintenance
- IP65-rated, water-resistant, and easy-to-clean glass cover
- No light sources will need replacing for the entire lifetime of the fixture.
CoralCare Gen2 Technical Specifications:
Dimensions: 18.1”L x 16.4”W x 2.24”H
Power Consumption: 170W
Dimmable Channels: 2
Cable Length: 9ft
Fixture Housing: IP65-Rated
Weight: 15 lbs / 7 kg
- Voltage (US): 120V
CoralCare Gen2 LEDs Used:
- 12x Luxeon C 470nm
- 22x Luxeon C 450nm
- 4x Luxeon C PC-Amber
- 4x Luxeon C Cyan (490nm)
- 6x Luxeon UV U1 415nm
- 20x Luxeon V2 6500k
CoralVue, Inc. and Philips hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.
To submit a warranty claim, please visit our CoralVue Support Portal.